Eggless Dates Cake
This Dates cake was our favourite treat which we enjoyed with our family.
- Cake flour 2 cups
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- Water 1 cup
- Sugar or Honey 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder 3/4 tsp
- Shah jeera powder 1/2 tsp
- Dry Ginger powder 1/2 tsp
- Honey or maple syrup 2 table spoon(Optional)
- Oil 1/2 cup
- 1 cup chopped dry fruits(tutti fruity, walnut, kishmis, cashew, melon seeds)
- Sieve the flour with Baking soda 2 to 3 times and keep aside.
- In a vessel add all the ingredient except flour mixture and honey.
- Now Heat the vessel in high flame for 5 minutes till it start evaporating.
- Simmer the heat for 15 to 20 minutes and keep stiring in between.
- Switch off the Gas and add Honey.
- The consistency will be as follow
Beat Well with hand beater or mixer jar to the below consistency
- Then gradually add flour mix with wooden spatulla.
- Mix in the dry fruits which dusted with flour.
- grease the tin.
- Preheat Oven at 180 degree C for 15 min.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin and place it in preheated oven for 180 degree C for 30-45 minutes.
Check with sharp knife or toothpick whether done or not
Mine took 50 minute :)
Enjoy this Healthy cake with any kind occasionNote:
- Dont allow the batter to sit for more than 5 minute
- you can reduce or increase the dry fruits as per your choice.
- Incase if you find while baking top portion is getting darker then cover it with Foil paper and continue baking
- Check with toothpick in the center of the cake.